Week 8: Community

Hi Bloggers! I thought for this week’s activity, I could talk about our School community.

First of all, What is a community?                                                                                                                                                                           A community is a group of people that share a common interest.

My School community is a great learning environment for all ages! From Early learning to year 12, we are all very lucky to be able to learn in such safe environments.

School communities are one of the most important communities.

They are important as  they educate the children of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.  We are all encouraged to follow our own pathway and dreams.  Our school recognises that we all have unique talents to share.

Within our School there are lots of smaller communities, that students belong to based on their interests and talents.  I participate in Concert Choir (Wednesday mornings from 8am to 9am), Coding Club (Thursday Lunches from 1:05pm to 1:55pm), Tennis practice and games (Term 1 and 4, practice Tuesdays from 3:45pm to 4:45pm, games Fridays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm), Soccer practice and games (Term 3, practice Tuesdays from 3:45pm to 4:45pm, games Fridays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm). These activities are optional.

Other activities include having the choice of playing a musical instrument, optional social sports can be played too. Students can choose from a wide range of sports throughout the whole year, obviously appropriate for Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring! Clubs such as Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Clubs and more. We are very lucky to have all these opportunities at my school.

At our school, we believe that looking after the environment is important, as the environment dies everyday. We have many bins around the school and even helpful community service girls who clean up the environment for 10 minutes at lunch on Thursdays and Fridays.

If you comment on this post please include the sports and clubs that you are involved in and any musical instruments you play!