CONNECT ~ EXTEND ~ CHALLENGE – SOLDERING

Today I did two connect, extend, challenges on soldering. I feel that learning this new skill, can help me with my Solar powered traffic lights.
View the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_ebVWYzSk
Complete a connect-extend-challenge
How did what you learn connect connect to your prior knowledge?
This skill does not make a significant connection with my prior knowledge on circuits. This is because I have never done this before. Although, I did already know about the safety of working with hot materials. I think that I also already knew a small portion of information about circuitry and electricity flow from previous experiences and years.
How did it extend your knowledge?
I now know that to solder, you need a hot iron and a wire of metal. To solder, the wire needs to be heated up, hot enough to melt, turning into liquid form, later to cool in the position. It is very easy to make a small error as the procedure needs to be done diligently. I now know that soldering is a precise task and extreme measures of safety have to be taken into consideration before the procedure starts. In addition, I learned how soldering equipment is stored. I now know that this equipment is used to join less fusible metals.
What did you find challenging to understand, are there any questions you have?
How hot does the solder iron need to be to melt the metal?
Is soldering on circuit boards, the only place where soldering is used?
View the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M64Uch4N-rU
Complete a connect-extend-challenge
How did what you learn connect to your prior knowledge?
This video related to the previous video that I did a thinking routine in. This video basically repeated the introduction of the previous video, but it continued and was put towards a soldering base to make a circuit.
How did it extend your knowledge?
Although, I knew a small portion about soldering, I now know more about how soldering works in a circuit. I now know how soldering works and is structured depending on the scenario and the purpose of the circuit. I also know that it is easy to melt and re-solder a circuit connecter. This can be done with a specific material, that when an iron is replied, melts the metal. The material then catches the melted solder.
I don’t quite understand how a soldering board works.